Thursday, July 30, 2009

Aventuradoras

Okay so I have a lot to talk about! And I have muchos fotos : ), but first I have to talk about school... It is very nice. I have only been to like two of my classes but they were pretty interesting and I think I'll stay engaged. I'm only taking 3 classes here which equates to full time at ASU. 
I'm taking a spanish class which is pretty easy so far so I'm gonna try it out for another week and if its to easy I will try and transfer. Then I have a Tango class which is two-parted: theory and dance. I've only been to the theory section so far but its really cool, mostly history and learning about different cultures and where tango comes from and what it means to different cultures. Anyway, its in spanish and their spanish is hard sometimes so in that class it is a lot of lecture so I just have to really focus the whole time. And my final class?...drumroll please...acting! yeah I'm pretty stoked that I get to take a theatre class here and in spanish (or castellano : )) and with locals so it will be way different and difficult and fun and I can meet a lot of new people and yeah. Then, the cherry on top of all of it is that I only have class mon-wed so I have a four day weekend every week that I can use to travel and explore and discover (and study very very much). 
So that is school so far, the campus is not like a US campus its just like three buildings so I'll get some photos of that later. As for other adventures, we went on a group trip to Tigre, which is a river town and its really quaint and we took a boat tour and it was really pretty.


My new friend Julie and I in the freezing town of Tigre and
 enjoying a merienda (snack) que fue muy rico (really good)

This is where the river flows into the ocean 

Tigre was a few days ago, but today me and some of my friends didn't have class so we went and did a bit of exploring to the nearby neighborhoods. We walked forever to get to this town next to us called Palermo but it was really nice scenery and cool churches and trees. Palermo is where we mostly hang out because Belgrano is really safe and nice but its mostly populated with rich old people and things are over priced. Palermo is like a 10 minute subway ride so we went to this huge park they have with little lakes and statues and it was gorgeous! I went a little camera crazy so you're going to get a highly concentrated version of my palermo park album : )
Where's the parakeet?

There's graffiti all over in Palermo...and something tells me 
they aren't big fans of Bush. I'm very intuitive : )

Big movies release here not too far from when they 
do in the States so I was excited to see this


Q: Do we really look that much like tourists? 
A: Yes. Yes we do.

Cute little fountain plaza area 

Julie scarfing some cotton candy (it was soo good)

Kate's obsessed with trees #1

#2

#3

(feel free to copy paste these photos, I know you want them for your computer background : P)

The trees here are really amazing, its the middle of winter so at first I thought they looked kind of dreadful but then in some areas they are just massive and all different types. AND they have Jacaranda trees everywhere which makes me especially happy because we have those in Arizona so it gives me a little comfort of home. 
SO that is it for now, I will be doing some more exploring tomorrow and will update you all soon. E-mail me, skype me, I miss everyone and want to hear from you! 

-Kate






2 comments:

  1. great pictures!! looks amazing so far =]
    this is stephanie, by the waaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KATE! i am a horrible friend. I started an email in response to yours the minute I read it, then.. well.. i suck. I promise I will finish it POST HASTE! Everything sounds so awesome. I am jealous to the max. I just hope they have bacon :) Lovee you (you know the voice)

    ReplyDelete