Saturday, July 18, 2009

El primer día

I made it! And I didn't get robbed and the plane didn't crash so I'm good. Since I have been watching lost this summer the thought was in the back of my mind that my plane would crash and I would end up on some island : ).  The flight was very long and I'm not gonna lie pretty dang boring. But on the flight from Atlanta to Buenos Aires I sat next to the kid I know from ASU so that was cool and the food was surprisingly good. 



My first day has been kind of nuts but I'm getting used to it. I live in an apartment with an older lady and another girl from my program, a guy from the UK that studies law here, and eventually some student from Pepperdine University. AND the lady's granddaughter stays here sometimes and she's 13 but its kind of cool because she speak
s english.  The apartment is on the 7th floor and really close to my classes so I like it. 
It's really (really) different here and when I first came to the apartment my roomate wasnt here yet and I was going on 2 hours of sleep and needed a shower and the lady (MaryLou) was a bit overwhelming. Nonetheless the place is pretty cute...

This is my room (and this is the bed I rented : P)

My closet, all the stuff at the top is Marylou's

This is the view from the balcony off the dining area (well the view of other buildings). 

And there's this cute Panaderia (bakery/cafe) down the street that I went to that was cool. ANd my house smells really good because Maylou is cooking and I saw some cake in the oven and I am starving so I'm stoked. Weird fact, they don't eat dinner til 9 or 10pm everyday...a bit of an adjustment for me lol but I'll figure it out. Love you and miss you all (a lot)!

love, 
kate




No comments:

Post a Comment