Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Orientation

Soo... I feel like I should have made another exciting post by now buuuuuttt we've just had orientations everyday I've been here. We just go over everything with our program directors and then go to the University's orientations with all of the international students in spanish and THEN in english lol so I get everything twice, lucky me right? But the exciting stuff is just walking around the city with other people in the group and going to little cafes and little bars and bakeries. (and trying to communicate effectively with a mexican/american accent when they speak soo different here). 
  Also, its fah-ree-zing! The first few days weren't so bad like i just needed a hoodie but yesterday rained from when I woke up 'til after I went to bed. And today isn't as rainy but its like 35 degrees and some full sized branches crashed into cars, which in conjunction with the driving was pretty nuts. 

Me and my roommate Kirsten after we walked like 8 blocks
     in the pouring rain at night (in flip flops....I don't wear those anymore : )

Even though it's cold it's still been fun, I bought cute boots here : ) everyone wears them and its super cute. And today my roomate and this other girl and guy and me all went to the other side of our suburb on the bus to find this peruvian restaurant and we made it there int he rain and cold only to find out that it didn't open until like 8pm and it was 4:30. (side note: they don't eat dinner here until like 9pm, they get up around 10am and on the weekends they go out starting at like 1am. kind of a weird schedule but its fun). So we ended up eating at this tiny little cafe that this one little lady ran by herself and she was really sweet and made me and my friend vegetarian stuff even though it wasn't on the menu so it ended up working out. 
I start classes on Monday so I should have more exciting stories then, and probably some embarrassing ones too since I'm gonna take some classes with locals and try to use my spanish. Wish me luck! 

Miss you all, 

Kate

1 comment:

  1. So much cute! It sounds like you're having a buh-last and I am so jealous! Love you! Miss You!

    ReplyDelete